Why our pub is great
The Eight-Foot Way is named after a letter from the Parish Clerk to County Hall in Wakefield, January 1954. The letter referred to the pathways between houses on Parson Cross, Wordsworth Avenue, Colley Avenue and Rokeby Rd, as “Eight-foot Pathways”. This was then the name given to these walkways by site architects and the paths are still known as “Eightfoots” by local residents.
The Eight-Foot Way is a fantastic, family friendly pub! With super nice staff, plenty of choice at the bar and all the pub classics you could possible crave, there’s no reason not to pop in.
Just want something to drink? We’ve got all the most popular alcoholic and non-alcoholic pub drinks behind the bar: real ales, draughts, world wines, spirits, hot and cold cocktails, bombs, juices, spritzes, coffee, prosecco and of course champagne – perfect for any celebratory occasions.
If you’re looking for somewhere to gather the gang for a fantastic meal out, then we’ve got you covered. Our menu boasts a whole range of delicious meals that even the fussiest of eaters will enjoy. With mix and match starters, pub classics, mighty burgers, chicken, grills and more (don’t forget our pizza oven) we’re the perfect stop for your next meal out.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit our pub, that’s why we make sure all of our food is up to scratch, delicious and how it should be. We’re continually innovating to bring you the best new tastes and dishes, but don’t worry we aim to strike the perfect balance between traditional and new food and ensure your pub favourites are always available and tasting great.
It’s critical to us that everything that goes into our food is produced and sourced ethically, whilst also being socially and environmentally sustainable. We’re continuing to refine and make changes to our ingredients to bring you the best we can.
Our Pub Facilities
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.